OKAY I have a lot of feelings so here we go:
- Toxic rain and incinerated pyramids. YAAAS.
- Clarke’s speech. ❤️ I feel like it’s been a while since we had her standing in front of a bunch of people inspiring them and leading them. She was so broken throughout season 3. It was painful. But it looks like she’s getting her hope back, settling back into being the inspiring leader she naturally is. She seems a little brighter than she was last season.
- WHY ARE THERE RADIATION BURNS ON CLARKE’S FACE. I’m gonna assume this is a dream or a hallucination or something of the sort.
- ECHO. ECHO MY LOVE. I am SO excited to have her back. The actress who plays Echo, Tasya Teles (awesome name), is so charismatic and so good. I’ve been sad that we didn’t get more of her for a long time.
- LEAVE POOR RAVEN’S LEGS ALONE!! Did she get shot??? Or did she just get shot at? Poor babe. I’m happy to see her talking to Bellamy, or at least possibly talking to Bellamy. I love those two together. (A part of me can’t help but ship them a little bit, even though I know they’re way too similar and Bellarke is my absolute OTP. Bob Morley and Lindsey Morgan have such great chemistry.) And I’m thrilled that she’s being her usual badass self, working to fix things. Also – WHY IS SHE YELLING RUN?
- I’m weirdly happy to see what’s going on with Octavia. Last season, I was very disappointed with how she acted at the end, but something about the way she was acting and her expressions in the trailer made me suddenly more sympathetic towards her again. I’m so happy to see a female character go down this kind of path, because I think it is typically reserved for male characters. Just as long as she doesn’t end up needing to be emotionally saved by some male character, too weak to handle her own emotions.
- INDRA YOU GLORIOUS CREATURE, YOU. “They’re calling her Sky Ripper, death from above.” “I’m so proud.” BE MY MENTOR INDRA. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.
- Actually, on that note – this season Octavia looks like she’s going to be where Clarke was at the beginning of last season. Alone, broken, trying to come to terms with what’s happened, and with her own scary title.
- I love seeing yelling, knife-wielding, protective Kane. Give me all the badass Kane. And Kane and Indra together please. Maybe a polyamorous relationship with them and Abby.
- Abby saying that they’ll survive, then rediscover their humanity – quite a shift for the woman who started the series saying her priority was making sure the human race deserves to survive, then in season 2 could barely look at her daughter for sacrificing the people in Ton DC. Abby is a really fascinating character, the tough mama bear who has always believed in doing the right thing but has learned to compromise over time.
- Jaha talking to Clarke about what the people need – actually, in this case it sounds like he’s right. He went quite bonkers for a while there, and he was never great, but I have a feeling we’re going to see him come back from that a little bit again. He’s probably had a chance to come to terms with his son’s death a little more now. And, when it comes to what people want and need, he’s usually right. He was right about people wanting an escape from the endless suffering of their reality. He picked the right time to try to convince people they would be happier drugged by an AI. He’s not a bad person to listen to about this stuff, Clarke. So long as we don’t end up with him leading hundreds of people to their deaths and such. Maybe we should keep him as a counselor, but locked up so he can’t go drugging all of humanity again?
- Jasper’s still in a “fuck it” mood, but it sounds like he’s a little healthier about it at this point. Rather than “fuck it” in a suicidal way, he’s now saying “fuck it” in a let’s have fun and be happy way. Hopefully this will be less destructive. Maybe he’ll even help the more high strung people like Clarke and Raven to remember to enjoy what they can while they’re trying to save the world.
- I am so happy to see Monty yelling at Clarke. Not because I think Clarke deserves to be yelled at – not at all. I think the poor thing is an amazing person and she deserves to have a break once in a while. But I think that this marks some excellent development for Monty’s character. I’ve always adored him. He’s the perfect combo of cautious and willing to do whatever he needs to. He’s a very good person and very smart and prefers to be in a quiet corner, thinking about things and trusting his leaders. But he can be ruthless and do what he feels is best when he needs to. But he’s always erred a little too far to the side of complacency, doing whatever Clarke and Bellamy want him to. The fact that he was as much responsible for the massacre at Mount Weather as they were has been largely ignored by pretty much everyone but Jasper, who only responded to that by hating Monty for most of season 3. We’ve hardly gotten to see what it was like for him to know that he helped kill all those people. Then he killed his mother. TWICE. The dude has some serious strength and some serious trauma, and it looks like he’s finally going to let that out more. I’m so excited to see it.
- That said, let’s go back to Clarke for a minute. I have a feeling that Clarke is not going too far, at least in my opinion. I don’t think she’s ever gone too far, with the exception of when Lexa was getting in her head. Everything she’s done has been a response to people attacking her and her own. So, much as I love Monty being more outspoken and saying what he thinks and letting his emotions out, I’m sad that it’s directed at Clarke, who really deserves to just snuggle up in a warm bed and not move for a year.
- On a similar note, MURPHY AND CLARKE. I LOVE these two together. They have great chemistry and make a great team. I really wanted more of them together after they got into shenanigans that one episode in Polis. I’m happy to see Clarke having some feels about what he did for her, and him wanting recognition for having helped stop ALIE. I really hope this marks the beginning of Murphy finally being a solid part of the delinquent team. (Can we have some Murphamy too, perhaps??)
- Speaking of, what is that light blue place Murphy and Clarke are in? That looks like Becca’s spaceship, or possibly the Ark, which makes no sense, obviously. Does anyone know where they are? Have any ideas?
- There was not enough Bellamy for my tastes in this trailer, but I’m happy to see he seems to be doing relatively well, just like Clarke is. He’s comforting Clarke, the two of them being affectionate with each other, as it should be. He’s got his classic puppy face on, talking about not killing innocent people. It seems an even season Bellamy is a more peaceful Bellamy.
- A MENTION OF ONTARI, MY DARLING. I MISS YOU SO MUCH. (Okay, I know probably everyone reading this thinks I’m insane for liking Ontari, and I get that. I’m gonna do a post about her eventually.)
- Was that Kabby kissing at 2:16???
- Harper and Monty ❤️❤️❤️😊😊😊
- MEMORI ❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍
- BELLARKE ❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️😊😊😊❤️❤️❤️
- I’m really happy to see so many couples together in the trailer. So many shows are obsessed with breaking couples up or just separating them, and it looks like for this season, at least, we’re going to have lots of love between our couples rather than insisting on everything being too horrible for that. I really think a huge theme this season, possibly the single biggest one, will be “together.”
What did you think of the trailer? Let us know!!